Posted on August 12 2014
1. Brief history of how you got to where you are now:
I graduated from Leeds university in Fashion and Textiles Marketing. From there I started working in London for Monsoon as a buyers assistant. Whilst in London I began reading about organic and ethical fashion and found a niche in the market for clothing that was on trend whilst also being fairly made, and hence the launch of Beaumont Organic in 2008.
2. Favourite part of your job:
Sourcing new fabrics and designs and then seeing my brand in flagship stores. I also love to meet the buyers and talk them through the collection.
3. Biggest hurdle or challenge you have faced or still face:
Educating customers in the early days was a challenge and finding reliable factories to work with.
5. Your favourite restaurant:
Gosh – so many to choose from. Probably my local bistro in Didsbury.
6. What are you reading right now:
The secret – everyone should read it, it changes the way you think.
7. Most stylist celebrity – or who do you admire?
Alexa chung – she always looks effortless and chic.
8. Key investment piece for the autumn?
Abilene boyfriend coat is on my list as well as the Lynne dress!
9. Secret to success? Hard work, and amazing family and friends.
10. Your Moto / saying for life:
Work and Play!
We love getting the insider knowledge - especially from Beaumont Organic's very talented founder! Keep your eyes peeled for more 60 seconds with blogs, coming soon!