Food for Thought: Pumpkin, Ginger & Fennel Soup
When your pumpkin has served as the perfect Halloween lantern, reuse it for something special.
A pie, a pasta or a soup like this…
Recipe by Sao Lourenco do Barrocal
40 minutes Ingredients for 4 people
1 kg of pumpkin or winter squashes
2 fennel bulbs/leaves
To taste: Ginger, Olive oil, Ground pepper, Salt, Crumbly cheese,
Toasted pumpkin seeds
• Peel the pumpkin and the onions, cutting them into quarters.
• Cut the fennel into pieces and peel some ginger.
• Lay all the ingredients on a baking tray.
• Place the tray in the oven for 20 minutes at 180°C.
• Remove from the oven.
• Place all the ingredients in a pan.
• With the help of a hand blender, grind everything until it becomes a velvety cream.
• When plating, garnish with 2 drops of olive oil on top.
(Add crumbly cheese or toasted pumpkin seeds to taste)
• Serve to the table and enjoy.