Courgette, Spinach, Feta & Pine nut Summer Pasta
Alessandra from the Beaumont team
'I've never met a pasta dish I didn't like - but this is a favourite we go back to regularly. Only a few ingredients and quick to make."
INGREDIENTS | Serves 2 people
250g of your favourite pasta (wholemeal fusilli used in photo)
1 tbsp (15ml) olive oil
3 cloves garlic, crushed
3 courgettes, thinly sliced
200g (8oz) baby spinach
300g (10oz) feta cheese, cubed
20g (0.7oz) of pine nuts
1. Cook the pasta in boiling salted water for ten minutes or according to the pack instructions
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and add garlic and cook for 1 minute, constantly stirring so not to burn.
3. Add pine nuts until they are lightly golden.
4. Cut the courgettes (I love using yellow ones for colour) into strips, circles or cubes
5. Add to the pan - with the spinach and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the courgettes are translucent
6. Drain the pasta in a colander and add it to the vegetables and cook for a further one minute
7. Mix in feta cheese and serve!